Papers have been reviewed by at least 3 reviewers from the workshop comittee program members.
The following 9 papers have been accepted and included in the PALE workshop proceedings published in a joint CEUR volume (Vol. 872) that combines the proceedings of all UMAP 2012 workshops, as well as 2012 posters and demos.
Individual papers can be referred as:
[author's names,] [paper's title]. In: M. Kravcik, O.C. Santos, J.G. Boticario, D. Perez-Marin (Eds.) Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Personalization Approaches in Learning Environments (PALE), held in conjunction with the 20th International Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation, and Personalization (UMAP2012), Montreal, Canada, July 17th, 2012 (pages ##-##). CEUR Workshop Proceedings, ISSN 1613-0073.
- Preface, pages 1-4.
Milos Kravcik, Olga C. Santos, Jesus G. Boticario, Diana Perez-Marin
- An approach for unified personalization of learning, pages 5-10.
Marie Lefevre, Stéphanie Jean-Daubias and Nathalie Guin
- Predicting Student Outcomes from Unstructured Data, pages 11-16.
Norma Ming and Vivienne Ming
- Towards a model of Personality, Affective State, Feedback and Learner Motivation, pages 17-22.
Matt Dennis, Judith Masthoff and Chris Mellish
- Towards the Development of a Reading Comprehension Conversational Agent for Children applying User-Centered Design Techniques for Teachers and Students, pages 23-28.
Silvia Tamayo and Diana Perez-Marin
- Taking into account users' knowledge, abilities and preferences to personalize animated assistant agents, pages 29-34.
Blandine Ginon, Stéphanie Jean-Daubias and Pierre-Antoine Champin
- A Generic Approach for Assisting Teachers During Personalization of Learners' Activities, pages 35-40.
Marie Lefevre, Nathalie Guin and Stéphanie Jean-Daubias
- Supporting Self-Reflection in Personal Learning Environments Through User Feedback, pages 41-46.
Alexander Nussbaumer, Milos Kravcik and Dietrich Albert
- An Open and Inspectable Learner Modeling with a Negotiation Mechanism to Solve Cognitive Conflicts in an Intelligent Tutoring System, pages 47-52.
Evandro Costa, Priscylla Silva, Jonathas Magalhães and Marlos Silva
- Recommendation, Trust and Reputation Management in a Group Online Mentorship System, pages 53-58.
Oluwabunmi Adewoyin and Julita Vassileva